Depending on the type of activity, there are different completion requirements. For example, a Page might have the requirement to require view; a Quiz might have the requirement to require grade while a Forum might have the requirement to require posts/discussions/replies.
Common settings for most graded activities. There are three options:
- Do not indicate activity completion – this will not show checks(ticks)next to the activity
- Students can manually mark the activity as completed – students press the check(tick) to change it. (Note: they can do this even without doing the activity!)
- Show activity as complete when conditions are met – the selected completion criteria must be met before the check(tick) will change style
When this option is turned on, students have to view the activity to complete it.
- In most cases, clicking the link is enough to ‘view’ the activity.
- You should usually not turn on the ‘view’ condition if you have other requirements – this makes extra work for the server and it’s unlikely that a student could meet any other conditions without viewing the activity.
When this option is turned on, students have to get a grade on the activity to complete it. For example, a quiz would be marked completed as soon as the user submits it.
It does not matter how well the student did. Getting any grade will mark the activity completed.
It is possible to distinguish between ‘pass’ and ‘fail’ grades so that the activity becomes ‘completed, passed’ or ‘completed, not passed’ instead of just ‘completed’. These results show a different icon and alternative text.